Teaching and advising meetings: My office hours for winter term are Wednesday 1:30-3:30. These are open office hours for any student in the courses I'm teaching, linguistics majors and minors, SLAT students, or students considering the linguistics major or SLAT program. No appointment is needed if you would like to meet during these hours. If you are unable to meet during these hours, you may set up an appointment with me here.
During finals week and the weeks between terms, please contact me by e-mail for appointment availability.
I teach a number of courses in our department ranging from general education courses and introductory courses to our major to graduate seminars and advanced research methods courses. Below are the courses I am teaching this academic year, as well as a selection of classes from previous years.
If you are a student in a course currently, please see Canvas for more information on the class.
- Ling199 - College Connections - Tomato, Tomäto
- Ling201 - Language and Power
- Ling301 - Introduction to Linguistic Analysis
- Ling411/511 - Phonetics
- Ling440/540 - Linguistic Principles and Second Language Learning
- Ling101 - Introduction to Language
- Ling199 - Perspectives on Linguistic Research
- Ling407/507 - Seminar: Non-Native Speech Perception and Production
- Ling407/507 - Seminar: Expectation in Perception and Production
- Ling 611 - Empirical Methods in Linguistics II